Housekeeper -Part Time
The Bridges of Appleton is a skilled nursing facility located in Appleton, Wisconsin. It is our mission to allow our residents to function at their highest possible level of social, emotional and physical well-being and to maintain their independence and quality of life while providing them with a safe, secure home-like setting. Furthermore, it is our mission to provide our services in a high quality, efficient and ethical manner in partnership with hospitals, physicians, employees and community organizations. The Bridges of Appleton is currently recruiting for a Housekeeper, Part-Time.
Perform duties to maintain the cleanliness of the facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, resident rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met
• Follows user directions for all compounds and chemicals, including use of proper proportions o Labels all compounds and chemicals properly and stores them in locked storage areas
• Empties trash containers, replaces liners, as appropriate, and disposes of trash in proper receptacles
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming
• Washes windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
• Dusts and polishes furniture and equipment
• Maintains clean storage area and stores cleaning supplies in the directed manner
• Carries linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts and maintains fire aisles when using cleaning cart
• Replenishes supplies, linens, and bathroom items
• Reports any repair needs to supervisor or maintenance department as appropriate
• Observes for resident safety when in resident care areas
• Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards
• Assists families and other visitors as needed
• Attends/completes required in-services and other required meetings
• Performs other duties as directed
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
• This position does not require supervisory responsibility
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred; previous experience in housekeeping or maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Sanitation and Safety - Knowledge of principles and requirements of sanitation and safety in handling housekeeping tasks and equipment
• Math Ability – Basic knowledge of arithmetic and algebra
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources
• Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
• Dependability - Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
• Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Housecleaning equipment and materials, floor polishers/buffers, spray bottles and step ladders may be utilized in this position
WORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
• The employee is occasionally required to wear protective clothing
• The employee may be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to hear, stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch, use hands to use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to smell
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color discrimination, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus